Responsible Guidelines for Gambling:
- Play only for fun. When the fun stops, you stop.
- Think of the money spent as the cost of your entertainment.
Think of winning as a bonus.
- Set a dollar limit and stick to it. Decide what you can
afford to spend. Don’t change your mind after losing.
- Set a time limit and stick to it.
- Expect to lose; odds are that you will lose.
- Don’t borrow money to play or play on credit.
- Create balance in your life. Don’t let playing interfere
with friends, family or work.
- Don’t play to win back losses. The more you try to
recoup losses, the more you will lose.
- Don’t play as a way to cope with emotional or physical pain. Playing for reasons other than for fun can lead to problems.
- Know the warning signs of problem gambling. The more educated you are, the better choices you will make.
To learn more, visit the Problem Gambling Warning Signs webpage.